http://www.PaintScratch.com founder Collin Harris demonstrates how to use a touch up paint pen to repair a small scratch on his ranch truck. Paint pens are the perfect product for touching up scratches and chips that are less than the width of a pencil eraser.
Here is the touch up paint pen process:
1. Safety First: Before starting, we recommend you wear a dual-cartridge respirator and protective gloves and clothing. And be sure to work in a ventilated workspace.
2. Practice!: This is the single most important step. Use a practice surface such as a metal can or a glossy sheet of paper and be sure to practice with each of the paint pens.
3. Cleanliness: Apply a small amount of wax and grease remover to a clean rag. Thoroughly wipe the scratch and surrounding area. If you do not clean the area, the touch-up paint won’t adhere properly.
4. Apply Primer (if necessary): If you’re fixing scratches down to an unpainted surface, use the primer paint pen as the first layer.
5. Apply Basecoat: The basecoat is the touch up paint color that matches your vehicle. Apply the paint as evenly as possible. Use light layers to evenly coat the scratch. Allow the surface to dry before adding another layer of paint
6. Apply Clearcoat: The clearcoat is the top layer that protects your basecoat from damage. Apply the clearcoat in light layers, allowing the surface to dry completely before adding another layer.
7. Polish with Rubbing Compound: The rubbing compound is used to polish the clearcoat.
For more touch up paint directions visit our how to use touch up paint page: http://www.paintscratch.com/touch-up-paint-directions/.
You can find and order your touch up paint color on our site here: http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/.
Post time: 11-12-2017